Monday, December 28, 2009

Another Christmas Gift

I hope everyone had a great christmas. My brother and sister-in-law loved their calendars. I made a mini album of Lucy, the newest member of the family, since I didn't have time to make a calendar of her. I gave my sister-in-law the squash book of Lucy. Now I know some of you are thinking, "squash book? what's that?" Well, here are some pics of the finished project.

"Lucy's Squash Book" by Sharon Hill
Front cover, back cover, and open book:
Lucy's Squash Book Front CoverLucy's Squash Book Back CoverLucy's Squash Book Open
Left side and right side of book:
Lucy's Squash Book Open Left SideLucy's Squash Book Open Right Side

With my other squash books I made of the other animals, I used rubber and clear stamped images on the inside flaps. With the time crunch of getting this together right before christmas, I went with some cute kitty stickers that look almost like stamped images. None of the products used for this project were from MemoryWorks, only of what I had in my "regular" scrapbooking stash.

As for me and christmas, I got what I wanted. Some scrapbooking products (stickers, mini album kit, embellishments), sizzix die, punches, templates, and the Tim Holtz Metal Case for the Distress Inks. I labeled the sides of my inkpads with what color they are so I can easily see what color ink they are without pulling them all out. The case is half full, so I guess I need to buy some more colors.;) The biggest surprise gift I got was a portable DVD player from my brother and sister-in-law. My other one wore out, so now I can go back to doing most of my scrapping in my scrap room instead of the living room spread out all over.

Thinking of gifts reminded me of my explosion box I made last year. I finally know how to make them. I took the class at the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Valley Forge last year. I haven't finished the one we started in class. I had went right to their booth after class to get some stickles and another plain explosion box. I made this one of Marvin, my "baby". So I thought I would share some pics of it as well. This would make a nice gift for christmas or birthday.

"Marvin's Explosion Box", by Sharon Hill
Marvin's Explosion BoxMarvin's Explosion Box OpenMarvin's Explosion Box Left Flap 1Marvin's Explosion Box Left Flap 2Marvin's Explosion Box Top Flap 1Marvin's Explosion Box Top Flap 2Marvin's Explosion Box Right Flap 1Marvin's Explosion Box Right Flap 2Marvin's Explosion Box Bottom Flap 1Marvin's Explosion Box Bottom Flap 2


Happy Scrappin'!

Signature resized smaller

No comments:

Post a Comment