Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had a happy and safe new year. I stayed home this year because one of my BFF had to work. Last year I went to her place with her family. It was nice to see her SIL. I haven't seen her in a few years. The funny thing is, the house where my brother and SIL live, was my BFF's SIL's house. I didn't know which house my brother bought until I saw it. I thought I know the old owners who used to live here. What a coincidence! But anyhoo. I hope everyone had a nice new year. And I hope that this new year brings peace and good fortune to all.

Now as promised, I am going to share the rest of the projects I made from the MemoryWorks Express Kit. I loved this kit!! I especially loved the embellishment kit from Making Memories. It has cute felt puffy ghosts and paper bats. It also came with buttons, twine and ribbon, and jewels/bling. I also loved the papers that came with the Express kit. I created a lot from this kit and still had some (not much) left from the kit. This goes to show you how versitile the MemoryWorks Express Kits are. You can create lots of neat projects from these kits. Wait until you see what I did with the November kit.;)

"Cheer Layout" by Sharon Hill
Photobucket

"Boo Crew Layout" by Sharon Hill
Photobucket

"Baby Parade Layout" by Sharon Hill
Photobucket

"Jack Layout" by Sharon Hill
Photobucket

"Creepy Layout" by Sharon Hill
Photobucket

"Halloween Tag #1" by Sharon Hill
Photobucket

"Halloween Tag #2" by Sharon Hill
Photobucket

"Halloween Tag #3" by Sharon Hill
Photobucket

"Halloween Tag #4" by Sharon Hill
Photobucket

"Halloween Tag #5" by Sharon Hill
Photobucket

Of course that is me in the photos as a child. My mom made my costumes. She made the cheerleading skirt and I wore my dad's band sweater (he used to play in the marching band when he was a kid). My mom also made the costume/dress for the "Little Old Lady Who Lived In A Shoe" float. I remember that one. Now the poodle skirt I bought for my costume I wore to work. I even have the crinoline for under the skirt to make it poofy. Boy was it fun trying to do ultrasounds with that on. As soon as I sat down, my skirt poofed up in front of me. I had to beat it down between my legs so I could see the machine. We had quite a few laughs with that. The patients loved it too. The other layouts were decorations, how I decorated outside and my only real pumpkin I carved that I got as a Girl Scout. That was the only time I ever went to a pumpkin patch to get a pumpkin. Most of the big ones were gone. I got lucky and found that one.

Lots of memories from these layouts. But then again, that is what scrapbooking is all about. Preserving those memories.

Happy Scrappin'!

Signature resized smaller

No comments:

Post a Comment